High end art stores
- 2001 Montrose Blvd. Houston, TX 77006 (713) 526-5221
- 2237 South Voss Houston, TX 77057 (713) 780-0440
- 1507 Baybrook Mall Dr. Houston, TX 77546 (281) 486-9320
Art Supply On Main – only place in Houston to get Golden Artist products
- 2711 Main St. Houston, Texas 77002 (713) 652 5028
- see website for workshops
Hardware and Tools
Southland Hardware – good old fashion harware store – BEST hardware store in Houston
- 1822 Westheimer Dr. Houston, TX 77098 (713)-529-4743
Rockler– woodworking tools
- 3265 Southwest Freeway Houston, TX 77027 (713) 622-6567
Woodcraft– wood working tools
- 60FM 1960 West Houston, TX 77090 281-880-0045
- 11707 West Sam Houston Parkway South Houston TX 77031 (281) 988-9449
Harbor Freight Tools– cheap, made-in china tools. For the tool you only need to use once.
- 17490 HWY 290 HOUSTON, TX 77040 832-467-9442
- 10826 NORTH FREEWAY HOUSTON, TX 77037 281-405-0887
Northern Tool and Equipment– mostly auto and shop tools
- North Houston 14950 North Freeway Houston, TX 77090 281-821-8000
- NW Freeway Houston 13838 Northwest Freeway Houston, TX 77040 713-460-2342
- SW Freeway Meadows Place 11010 Dorrance Lane Meadows Place, TX 77477 832-351-2342
- Gulf Freeway 7994 Bellfort Ave Houston, TX 77061 713-643-2342
Bering’s – good resource for small quantities of common house materials, sells a little bit of everything
- Bering’s Westheimer 1-800-BERINGS 1-800-237-4647 6102 Westheimer Houston, Texas 77057
- Bering’s Bissonnet 713-665-0500 3900 Bissonnet Houston, Texas 77005
Stahlman Lumber– typical lumbar yard
- 4007 Greenbriar Houston, Texas 77098 (713) 526-1001
- 13913 Greenland Drive Stafford, Texas 77477 (281) 499-1611
Rockler– fine grade, furniture quality wood (see above for store locations)
Woodcraft– fine grade, furniture quality wood (see above for store locations)
Books and Paper Ephemera
1/4 Price Books – unusual bookstore, fun place to kill time, good for book collectors, great place for paper ephemera
- 3820 S Shepherd Dr Houston, TX 77098-4228 (713) 520-5009
Domy– “progressive bookstore with a focus on editioned books, periodicals, video, and product lines that concentrate on national and international contemporary art and culture.”
- 1709 Westheimer Houston, TX 77098 713-523-3669
MON–FRI 12–8pm , SAT 11–8pm, SUN 11–7pm
Kaboom books – Used, Scarce and Scholarly Books
- 3116 Houston Ave. Houston, TX 77009 713-869-7600
- 733 Studewood Houston, TX 77007 713-869-1700
Hobby / Craft Stores
- 2522 Times Blvd Houston, TX 77005 (713) 529-7752
- 6703 Chimney Rock Road, Houston, TX (713) 661-7137 – (713) 661-2270
EPO – Electronic Parts Outlet – where to go when Radio Shack doesn’t carry what you need.
- 3753-B Fondren Rd. Houston, Tx 77063 (713) 784-0140
- 110 E Medical Center Blvd Webster, TX 77598 281.286.0993
Houston Museum of Natural Science Gift Shop – unique rocks and fossils
- 5800 Caroline Street Houston, TX 77030 (713) 639-4629
- 215 Welch Street, Houston, TX (713) 524-6257
Photo Rental Source – based in Houston. Created by HFBC member Brad Wright.
Fine Art Printers
Fine Art Framers
HPI–Houston Photo Imaging
LOCAL literary stuff
- mission of Inprint is to inspire readers and writers in Houston
- Inprint fulfills this mission through the nationally renowned Inprint Brown Reading Series, through literary and educational activities in the community that demonstrate the value and impact of creative writing, and through support for the UH Creative Writing Program. Today Inprint programs and events provide something for everyone and play a vital role in Houston’s rich and diverse cultural life.
- Founded in 2006 by Kirby Johnson and Jennifer Eberhardt, NANO Fiction publishes twice a year with issues appearing in the spring and fall.
TX/RX could also be a helpful resource for artists, makers, and hackers: https://txrxlabs.org/
Thanks, Daniel. Very nice find!!!!
Love the Plasma Cutting table. Always wanted to be to add some of these touches to pieces!!!
Come join us some night!